The Behringer MS40 Monitor Speakers are a set of two active studio monitors, designed for use primarily in computer studios and audio or multimedia workstations.
Behringer MS40 Monitor Speakers can be connected to your computer sound card, a music system such as an MP3 player, or musical instruments such as keyboards, and they will produce the same high quality sound from each.
Get ConnectedThe speakers contain powerful, built-in woofers and tweeters, with the controls for adjusting volume, treble and bass levels all easily accessible on the front panel of the main speaker. There are individual volume controls for each input, which include two stereo analogue inputs and RCA connectors. These inputs can be used simultaneously, or can be mixed with a digital input source. There is also a standard 1/4 inch headphone connector on the front panel. As these speakers are intended for use with computer systems, they have been magnetically shielded, so you don’t need to worry about where you place them in relation to your computer monitor; a definite bonus, particularly if you use multiple monitors. They have been constructed with high quality materials to ensure that they will be hard-wearing and long-lasting.
Sound QualityThe Behringer MS40 2-Way Monitor speakers are easy to set up and provide excellent quality sound for a wider range of frequencies than most people will need. Accurate adjustments to the sound are easy to make by using the main control panel. The two built-in amplifiers provide a total of 40 watts of power, without affecting the quality of the sound output.
ExtrasA range of accessories are also available for the Behringer MS40 2-Way Monitors, from extra cables to brackets enabling the speakers to be mounted on the wall. Stands and headphones can also be purchased. These accessories enable you to place your speakers where you want them, in order to achieve the best possible sound. Product Highlights and Sepcs
- 2-way active studio monitors for computer studios, audio and multimedia workstations and electronic keyboard monitoring.
- Front-ported bass-reflex cabinets, Active Main/Passive Satellite speaker system design
- TOSLINK and Coaxial SPDIF digital inputs with 24-bit/192kHz D/A converters
- Magnetically shielded 4.75″ woofers and 2.5″ tweeters for close proximity use with computer and video monitors
- Built-in high-headroom 40-watt stereo (20W per channel) amplification
- Treble and Bass tone controls, separate Volume controls for input Line 1 and Line 2
- Low Frequency Driver: 4.75″
- Mid Frequency Driver: No
- Hight Frequency Driver: 2.5″
- LF Amplifier: 40 Watts (20W per ch.)
- HF Amlifier: No
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 11 x 6.8 x 9.6″ (279 x 173 x 245mm)
- Weight: Right: 10.8 lb (4.9 kg); Left: 7 lb (3.2 kg)
- Connectors: 2 x RCA Phono Line 1 In, 1 x 1/8″ Stereo Mini Line 2 In, 1 x Coaxial SPDIF Digital In, 1 x TOSLINK Optical In, 1 x 1/4″ Stereo Headphone Out, 1 x RCA To Left Speaker Out
For the best prices around on the Behringer MS40, head over to New Media Sales.This article originally appeared in Videomaker, found here.